Why Join OMTA?
Why Join Olympia Music Teachers’ Association? Olympia Music Teachers’ Association is a professional organization that offers many great benefits for teachers and performers. The following list includes, but is not limited to opprotunities offered by OMTA:
- Monthly meetings, with guest presentations. Presenters have been master teachers, performing artists and other professionals in the music industry from Washington State. Our guests share knowledge that is informative and inspirational. See our calendar for schedule details.
- 3 Major performance opportunities each year: OMTA Autumn Recitals, OMTA Sonatina Recitals, and OMTA Pop, Folk Jazz, Ensemble Recitals. These events are open to any teacher who wishes to participate. Non-members are welcome to participate (nominal fee required.) They are a very convenient and non-stressful way to have your students gain experience performing, without having to do all the work of planning the performance yourself. It’s also perfect for teachers who may not have enough students to put on a larger performance or recital.
- OMTA/WSMTA Music Artistry Program (formerly Adjudications): Members, and their students, have the opportunity to participate in the Music Teachers National Association adjudication program. This is a superb way for you and your students to get valuable feedback from professional adjudicators. Adjudicators will select top performers to perform an Adjucations Honors Recital, when all adjudications are complete.
- OMTA/WSMTA Music Literacy Program (formerly Musicianship Examinations): This event is a fun, annual event, where students of all ages get tested on various areas of music study including theory, sightreading, listening, and rhythm.
- OMTA Concerto Competition: Members and their students participating in this event will have the opportunity to play for special guest adjudicators and receive comments about their performance. Winners of the Intermediate and Advanced Divisions will perform their concerto with the Olympia Chamber Orchestra in the Spring of the upcoming year!